Tuesday 17 July 2012

On The Doss!

This morning I've been bewitched by the trailer for Anna Karenina.
Doesn't it look great?
The book is languishing upstairs, jammed between a kajillion paperbacks. I am sorely tempted to rescue it from its dusty abode and curl up with tea. The problem being that I lack any semblance of self-control when confronted with some books. And this is one of them. I cannot read just a couple of pages. It's all-consuming. And I can't afford to be all-consumed by anything other than Penney and her escapades at the moment. 
Is there anything more attractive than forbidden reading though? Jo Knowles, who I stumbled across this morning says
If you want to be a writer, I suggest you try to read a book a week, too. Reading makes us better writers. I’m a firm believer in that.

I think I may just take her advice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment